Bored eating the same idli and dosa for breakfast every morning? If yes, then try this delicious yet easy Jalar appam recipe, loaded with protein rich ingredients like coconut milk & egg.
This Jalar appam/Malaysian Crepe could be easily prepared within minutes and can make your breakfast healthier too.
Photo Source: Latha_Vin_Samayal_Arai
- Take a bowl and add maida, egg, salt, coconut milk, turmeric powder & sugar into it. Mix everything together to a smooth, lump free batter.
- Please make sure it is lump free, if not strain it in a strainer.
- You also make sure that the batter is not too watery, else you will not be able to make the patterns. If it is watery, add more flour and mix again.
- Now take a small plastic bottle and make holes in the bottle's cap such that the batter can flow from the bottle.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease with ghee and fill the bottle with the batter.
- Gently swirl the bottle over the pan and make lace like patterns. It cooks within seconds. Cook until it turns crisp and need not flip.
- Gently slide the cooked crepe/appam on to a plate and roll it.
- The hot and yum Malaysian Crepe/Jalar Appam is now ready.
- If having this for dinner, eat it along with a non-veg dish. (or) You can also have it as a Snack by pouring honey over the appam.
Was the Jalar appam yummy? Yes, right...Get the recipe of equally delicious and protein rich snack here: SOYA CHUNK FRITTERS
Some shops sells the Jalar mould, if you see one use it instead of the bottle.
If you have any questions in the cooking method, do ask us the same in comment section.
Follow us on: Latha_Vin_Samayal_Arai for latest updates!
Subscribe us for instant notifications!