Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
Recreate a beach like atmosphere at home with Masala sundal a.k.a Beach sundal.
Photo Source: Latha_Vin_Samayal_Arai
- Soak white peas for 8-10 hours or overnight. Cooking
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked white peas with water and salt. Cook the peas until soft(4-5 whistles).
- Once the white peas is cooked, open the lid. Now add onion, tomato, green chilli, turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder and salt to it.
- Allow it to cook for 5-10 mins till the raw smell of the powders go off.
- Meanwhile take a small bowl and mix the besan powder with water; pour this mixture to the boiling peas gravy. The masala should be a bit watery only, so add 2-3 cups water to the besan powder while mixing.
- Allow this to cook for 5-10 mins till the raw smell of the besan powders go off.
- Once it comes to the right consistency switch off the flame.
- Finally take a small pan add oil and once oil is heated; add jeera & fennel seeds. Once they splutter add this to the gravy.
- Masala sundal is all done. Garnish the masala sundal with coriander leaf, chopped onion and sev. Serve immediately and enjoy your evening!!!