Yields: 3 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
When a vegetarian version of a non veg dish turn equally delicious – “Veg kola urundai a.k.a Soya chunks fritters”
Photo Source: Latha_Vin_Samayal_Arai
- Boil soya chunks in water and let it cook for 3-5 mins.
- Switch off and let it rest for around 15 minutes. After 15 mins drain the water and wash it in running water for 1-2 times to get rid of the raw soya smell.
- Now take a mixer and add cooked soya chunks, fennel seeds and ginger garlic paste. Grind this mixture well and transfer the grinded soya into a bowl.
- To the soya mixture add onion, chilli powder, fried gram dal flour and salt. Mix everything well and you will get soft dough like consistency.
- Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Meanwhile pinch small portion of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Once the oil is hot enough slide the balls one by one and cook them in low to medium flame. Do not turn the balls frequently as it will break.
- When they have turned to golden brown color, remove the soya chunks fritters from oil using a slotted spoon. Serve it hot.